Solved

What is the syntax for same and common attribute name for two datasets (parent and child tables) in TestFilter?

• 4 September 2016
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

What is the syntax for same and common attribute name for two datasets (parent and child tables) in Tester? If i give same field name for both Left and same values, iam getting merged all data. But i need only matched records. $(SourceDataset_CSV).@Value(#EMPNo)?? How can i access the same attribute name when we have many datasets?

icon

Best answer by nataraju 5 September 2016, 14:22

View original

5 replies

Badge +16

Hi @natrakju,

You can prefix the attribute name before using the tester on the different features (tables).

Depending on the input format either the fme_basename or fme_feature_type will hold the feature (table)name.

This is probably also possible within the test filter using feature functions.

Badge +1

Hi @itay

iam reading three oracle tables, having common field name and its same. i tried table1.id=table2.id, but some how not working.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @natrakju, sounds like you are trying to join two tables using the id attribute as join key. If so, the FeatureMerger transformer might help you.

Badge +16

Hi @itay

iam reading three oracle tables, having common field name and its same. i tried table1.id=table2.id, but some how not working.

Hi @natrakju,

I think that in our case you are better off by reading one table and using the joiner to match to the records of tables 2 and 3.

This way the db carries the heavy lifting of the join and you dont need to read all the features into the workspace.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

As Takashi says, It sounds like you are trying to compare two tables. Either you must merge them as he suggests, or use a Tester-type transformer that has multiple input ports.

For example, the ChangeDetector will be able to test for matches of an attribute in two different tables. The FeatureMerger is another good method, even if you don't want to merge the data!