Question

could i get intersection between lines and points in oracle files ,spatial and not spatial

• 26 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +13

could i get intersection between lines and points in oracle files

one of them is spatial and another oracl not spatial

just i do not want to load all oracle files in spatial and it will make the workspace slow so i was thinking to to import one spatial oracle file and another not .spatial .

is it possible to find intersection between both of them or should i load all oracle files only in spatial .Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Both points and lines need to be spatial (having a geometry) to be intersected, using the PointonLineOverlayer.

You could use the Non Spatial reader for points if they have a X and Y attribute and then use the VertexCreator transformer to create point geometries before loading them in the PointonLineOverlayer if the table is non spatial.

Hope this helps.

Badge +13

Both points and lines need to be spatial (having a geometry) to be intersected, using the PointonLineOverlayer.

You could use the Non Spatial reader for points if they have a X and Y attribute and then use the VertexCreator transformer to create point geometries before loading them in the PointonLineOverlayer if the table is non spatial.

Hope this helps.

thanks,when this point is a little bit far away of lines which tolerance suggest u to have ,or could i convert the point to area because i found in lineonareaoverlayer has tolerance automatic but pointonline does not have .

just i want to find the intersection lines with point but it is far away of this point,which suggestion suggests u and thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

thanks,when this point is a little bit far away of lines which tolerance suggest u to have ,or could i convert the point to area because i found in lineonareaoverlayer has tolerance automatic but pointonline does not have .

just i want to find the intersection lines with point but it is far away of this point,which suggestion suggests u and thanks

I would try snapping the point to the line using the AnchoredSnapper (line as anchor), before the PointonLineOverlayer.

Badge +13

I would try snapping the point to the line using the AnchoredSnapper (line as anchor), before the PointonLineOverlayer.

Thanks alot it works great