Question

64-bit FME reading ArcSDE

• 8 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

We have problems using 64-bit FME (2016.1) to read/write ArcSDE-base. There is ArcGIS 10.4.1 installed with 64-bit background geoprocessing (I can see the bin64 folder) that according to this article should be enough to access ESRI world via GEODATABASE_SDE reader. However when trying to connect with the SDE-base either with existing reader (that works with 32-bit FME) or new one, I got fatal error:

Please ensure the connection parameters are correct (server=`Etaklevitus1', instance=`sde:postgresql:Etaklevitus1,5432', user=`levituum_admin', password=`***', database=`levituum', version=`SDE.DEFAULT')

Is there somewhere I should look at?

Best regards,

Raivo Alla

Estonian Land Board

2 replies

Badge +2
Do you have any other application extensions installed in your ArcSDE environment, such as ArcFM from Schnieder Electric? In many cases, these application extensions are not 64bit enabled. Also, if you are using direct connect then you may need to ensure the correct database client is installed to match your 64bit FME, i.e. SQL Server Native Client 64bit. Instead of running an existing workspace, try creating a new workspace and connect to your ArcSDE Geodb - this might give you a clearer error message.

Badge

Thanks Mark for your ideas! I now replaced the libpq.dll library that comes from ESRI-s 64-bit GP extension with libpq.dll that I already had in QGIS bin folder and now I got it to work!

Thank you again,

Raivo