Question

Create Rows Based on Column Values in a Google Sheet

• 31 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello - I have a Google Sheet that is designed in such a way that some of the columns (8 total) are repeated 10 times. An example of the structure is:

Time|Name|Date|Report|From Time|To Time|Activity|Location|District|Neighborhood|Activity|More?

If "More" for the data entry of the form is set to "Y", the following columns are repeated for additional data entry:

• From Time
  • To Time
  • Activity
  • Neighborhood
  • Activity
  • More?

When the Google Sheet is added as a reader, the repeated columns have a 00 to 08 appended to them.

What I need to do is, based on "More" being set to "Y" for a user (i.e., Name, Date), create N number of rows taking the values from the 00 to 08 columns to create the subsequent rows.

I've played with AttributeExploder, Aggregator in my current workspace but I'm stuck! :)

A push would be great from the community.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Badge

If you take a look at the AttributeCreator at the end of the workspace, I was getting ready to try something but I stopped.

Badge +2

Hi @bcrowley10,

Another suggestion is to test and rename the attributes for each AttributeName##.

This would require a series of Testers and AttributeRenamers or BulkAttributeRenamers to filter for each AttributeName##.

Test and Rename:

Input:

Output:

Test_and_Rename_Community_Suggestion.fmw

Badge

Hello: I've been out of the country on vacation. Thanks for responding @ChrisAtSafe. I'll try your suggestion and post my progress. Thanks again.