Solved

Key Value Row Groupings

• 20 October 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

I'm having some trouble assembling a record set in the way I want to assemble it.

I currently have features structured like the following

Attribute AAttribute BAttribute CGroupValue1KeyValueGroupValue1Key2ValueGroupValue1Key3ValueGroupValue2KeyValueGroupValue2Key2ValueGroupValue2Key3Value

Where each row is a feature (except the first in this case, which are attribute names).

What I would like is to create a new feature grouping on Attribute A, with Attribute B holding attribute names for this new feature and Attribute C holding the value of those attributes. I've looked into attribute pivoter and aggregator to accomplish this; but I can't seem to figure out how to pull this off. Any ideas on what I'm missing? In my data, I can guarantee the uniqueness of Attribute B across unique values of Attribute A.

Maybe what I'm asking for isn't possible. I'm not sure.

icon

Best answer by aarongundel 20 October 2017, 17:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Can you post the structure you're aiming to get to?

Badge

I actually answered my own question. In the above example, what I was after as a final result would have produced two features.

GroupValue1 (new feature) with Key1, Key2, and Key3 as attributes on that feature

GroupValue2 (new feature) with Key1, Key2, and Key3 as attributes on that feature

The AttributePivoter actually gave me what I needed, but I needed to make an Attribute Manager to define those attributes (Key1, Key2, and Key3) in advance. It appears that it was working correctly, but the attributes appear to be "hidden" on the feature because they were not defined in advance.