Solved

data download service no data download url?

Badge

austinDownload.fmw sample is producing a data download url, a zip in the engineresults directory and writing features

mine is writing features (no log error) but no url or zip in the engineresults directory

I'm a newb with FME Desktop and Server and don't know where to start.

icon

Best answer by richardtriesfme 13 April 2017, 03:59

View original

17 replies

Badge +16

Hi @richardtriesfme, here are a couple of links for troubleshooting FME Server:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/540/fme-server-troubleshooting-guide.html

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/22112/quick-tips-for-new-users-to-fme-server-frequently.html

Hope this helps.

Badge +9

Just select the service data download when you publish the workspace and also when you go to run it and you will get the url

Badge

Just select the service data download when you publish the workspace and also when you go to run it and you will get the url

I am selecting data download and job submitter although the edit options for data download are grayed. When I run the sample I get a url but with mine I don't. When I publish the AustinDownload myself it's also not returnng a url. However, the existing AustinDownload sample does return a URL.

Badge
I verified my install which is valid seeing as I can run workspaces no problem.

Badge +16
I am selecting data download and job submitter although the edit options for data download are grayed. When I run the sample I get a url but with mine I don't. When I publish the AustinDownload myself it's also not returnng a url. However, the existing AustinDownload sample does return a URL.

Are you using a user with the correct priviladges?

Badge +9

Has someone changed your server host name or port recently?

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/277/service-properties-are-unavailable-when-uploading.html

Badge
Are you using a user with the correct priviladges?

yes for testing I'm using my fmeadmin account which is in the fmeadmin and fmesuperuser roles

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Taking a step back...How did you create the data download service? When you uploaded the FMW onto FME Server, did you choose data download and then "Edit". Under the next dialogue did you choose the data that you wanted returned?

Badge

Taking a step back...How did you create the data download service? When you uploaded the FMW onto FME Server, did you choose data download and then "Edit". Under the next dialogue did you choose the data that you wanted returned?

data download is selected but the Edit button is grayed. Job submitter is selected and Edit button is not grayed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Is this using the Austin Sample or your current workspace? If it is your workspace, can you see what the happens when you try the Austin one?

Badge

Austin Sample creates features and a zipped url. Mine creates features but no zipped url.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12
Is this using the Austin Sample or your current workspace? If it is your workspace, can you see what the happens when you try the Austin one?

Sorry, I mean when you open the Austin workspace in FME and go to publish it, selecting data download, does the Edit button highlight.

What I am trying to confirm is that you have a writer in your workspace, because that would be a reason why the edit button could grey out?

Badge
Sorry, I mean when you open the Austin workspace in FME and go to publish it, selecting data download, does the Edit button highlight.

What I am trying to confirm is that you have a writer in your workspace, because that would be a reason why the edit button could grey out?

If I publish austinDownload.fmw the datadownload edit button is grayed and no url is produced i.e. same behaviour as my workspace.But, if I use the pre-existing austinDownload.fmw from the Samples directory a url is produced.

Badge

Also no zip file is being produced in the engineresults directory

Userlevel 1
Badge +12
If I publish austinDownload.fmw the datadownload edit button is grayed and no url is produced i.e. same behaviour as my workspace.But, if I use the pre-existing austinDownload.fmw from the Samples directory a url is produced.

So we can firmly point the finger at the server and some network issue. So it might be as @ciarab mentioned or something else happening in there.
Badge
No host and port remain the same. We have however upgraded from 2016 to 2017 fme server. . The config was returning a url in 2016.

Badge

Our reseller recommended running the scripts as per No. 3 here

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Post-Config-Scripts.htm

Problem solved with Data Download edit button no longer grayed out.