Question

chose between two raster

• 4 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

New user here,

I try to make an atlas in a geospatial pdf.

I have multiple vector map with a main shapefile with multiple polygone (it's the foundation of my atlas)

But I want to chose between 2 raster image (ecw) as base layer for each map,

I want to chose the good raster based on the size of the main feature of my atlas.

I created a BoundingBoxAccumulator where I can have the area of the futur map to display.

How can I switch between the two raster based on the value of the area ?

if area >XXXX then put raster 1 as base layer

else put raster two as base layer.

Thanks in adavnce for your help.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Not clear what the question point is. If you are looking for a way to calculate area of the bounding box, the AreaCalculator or the @Area function would help you.

Not clear what the question point is. If you are looking for a way to calculate area of the bounding box, the AreaCalculator or the @Area function would help you.

sorry for not being clear. (English not my mother tongue)

My issue : I have 2 ecw file and a parameter (the area of the bounding box)

What is the procedure to choose the good file based on this third parameter ? it's a conditional choice.

The answer may be very simple, I'm a complete beginner...

thanks anyway for your time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @b.dorbani,

You can use an AttributeRangeMapper to map the area of the bounding box to the basename of the desired raster, which is added to a new attribute. Then use a FeatureMerger to merge the geometry from the raster onto the bounding box, by joining the new attribute on the bounding box to fme_basename on the raster.