Solved

Activate several licenses at the same time?

• 4 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi!

I'm in a university environment and we've installed FME in two computer labs.

Since there are many computers that needs to be licensed through the licensing assistant (we're using floating licenses) I wonder if there is a way to do this process on several computers simultaneously instead of doing it one by one.

Thanks in advance!

/Henrik

icon

Best answer by ryanatsafe 5 March 2019, 20:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @hjon

There is a interesting OnLine documentation that it can be helpfull for you.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/2018.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Desktop_Admin_Guide/FMEInstallation/About_Floating_Licenses.htm

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @hjon,

Unfortunately this isn't something that is built into FME, so to license multiple machines simultaneously, you may need to use a third party program. You could also explore the option of licensing FME from the Command Line. Hope that helps!
Badge

Hi @hjon,

The command line option that I typically use is:

"c:\Program Files\fme\fmelicensingassistant_cmd.exe" --floating <server name or ip address> <license type, ie smallworld>    

The license file this creates for each machine will be identical. If you set up one machine to use the floating license, and then clone that machine, all the clones will be licensed.

Regards,

Ryan Cragg

Hi @hjon,

The command line option that I typically use is:

"c:\Program Files\fme\fmelicensingassistant_cmd.exe" --floating <server name or ip address> <license type, ie smallworld>    

The license file this creates for each machine will be identical. If you set up one machine to use the floating license, and then clone that machine, all the clones will be licensed.

Regards,

Ryan Cragg

Thanks for the response - this brought some clarity to the question - I'm going to see if there's a way to push this command line to several computers at the same time.

Have a good day!