Question

Writing CityGML generics attribute

• 15 March 2015
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I am wondering how it is possible to write generics attribute in CityGML?

Any help appreciated :)

Regards,

Asher

6 replies

Hello Asherk, did you ever find out how to do this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Try defining attributes which you want to add to the the destination dataset as generic attributes in the User Attributes tab of the CityGML writer feature type.

For example, if you add a user attribute called "foo" with xml_buffer type, CityGML writer generates this generic attribute element.

<gen:stringAttribute name="foo">
    <gen:value>value of foo</gen:value>
</gen:stringAttribute>

Try defining attributes which you want to add to the the destination dataset as generic attributes in the User Attributes tab of the CityGML writer feature type.

For example, if you add a user attribute called "foo" with xml_buffer type, CityGML writer generates this generic attribute element.

Thanks so much for the quick reply

I did it like this but nothing is showing when I open the XML file in notepad++. When I edit the Value field it becomes invalid. Example; by typing Fooimage

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I did it like this but nothing is showing when I open the XML file in notepad++. When I edit the Value field it becomes invalid. Example; by typing Fooimage

Cannot find what is wrong just seeing the User Attributes definition. See the attached example which generates a generic attribute definitely.

I did it like this but nothing is showing when I open the XML file in notepad++. When I edit the Value field it becomes invalid. Example; by typing Fooimage

Thanks so much for your support Takashi, I was able to get it done