Question

Uploading workbench to FME Server

• 6 February 2019
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi

I am trying to upload a workbench to FME Server but I keep getting the following error.

Publish failed - FME Server encountered an error and reported the following message.

TEMPLATE.bak is not a valid name. A resource named TEMPLATE.bak already exists.

I have a template file named TEMPLATE.dwg that is in the workspace both in the writer and the dwg styler.

Why am I getting this error?

Is it possible to rectify?

Thanks for any help.

B

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Is there a reference to TEMPLATE.bak anywhere in your workspace? Are you uploading the TEMPLATE.dwg along with the workspace or is it somewhere else in your FME Server resources?

Badge +3

Is there a reference to TEMPLATE.bak anywhere in your workspace? Are you uploading the TEMPLATE.dwg along with the workspace or is it somewhere else in your FME Server resources?

There is no reference to TEMPLATE.bak in the workspace.

I'm not uploading the TEMPLATE.dwg, it's just within the workspace so I'm assuming it is being uploaded within that?

I haven't uploaded it within the FME Server resources either.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for the help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

There is no reference to TEMPLATE.bak in the workspace.

I'm not uploading the TEMPLATE.dwg, it's just within the workspace so I'm assuming it is being uploaded within that?

I haven't uploaded it within the FME Server resources either.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for the help.

There will be a checkbox in the Publish workspace dialog to upload necessary files as well, make sure that's checked (but in the case of template files it should default to checked). It could be that the file was already uploaded and FME is now trying to overwrite it but failing somehow.

Badge +3

There will be a checkbox in the Publish workspace dialog to upload necessary files as well, make sure that's checked (but in the case of template files it should default to checked). It could be that the file was already uploaded and FME is now trying to overwrite it but failing somehow.

I figured it out with your help. The TEMPLATE.dwg was linking to two different TEMPLATE.DWG files saved in two separate locations on my hard drive. I linked both to the same location and it worked. Thanks for the help. B