Question

Non-Spatial data to CSV

Hello,

I am trying to transform any non-spatial data to CSV.

I have

1. Added Generic Reader with workflow Option "Individual Feature Type" as I have may get CAT,txt,xls etc

2. added CSV Writer with dynamic properties

Whnd I try to run this simple workflow I am getting bank lines in csv i.e. if there are 5 lines in txt file I get 5 blank lines in CSV.

One of the Input Text file contains sometnig like this

ID,Name,Type

1,ABC,Land

2,XYZ,Water

3,AAA,Airport

4,BBB,Field

Could you please let me where I am going wrong?

2 replies

Badge +3
Hi,

Are u trying to write them all to 1 csv writer?

If so then sources with different schema's result in what u see, i think. ( 1 schema might have a

If you use dynamic properties, it will try to use only 1 schema to map your csv.

If u do want to read all different schema objects and output to a single csv, you could concatenate all fields in each input to a single string with comma as delimiter. To for instance "textstring" and write the text string to the csv.

Badge
Hi,

I think this might be a problem in FME, or at least a 'feature' in how a CSV/Excel schema is read by a Reader and by a dynamic Writer.

I suggest you file this one with our support team (safe.com/support). Let them know it probably relates to PRs: 51578, 52658, 52941, and/or 53066. There are a lot of similar issues, but if you include your workspace and data then someone in support will be able to figure out exactly what issue is affecting you and hopefully come up with a workaround

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing,

Regards

Mark

Mark Ireland

Product Evangelist

Safe Software Inc