Question

directory

Badge

Hi,

can somebody help me with this error?

I did run the workspace successfuly and the datas are inside the folder.

When I want to inspect the writer, I become an error:

"Shape Reader: Failed to open dataset 'C:\\Data\\Adressen_Shape_3_BL\\Hessen\\Adressen_Deutschland.shp' which is neither an existing file nor directory"

I has never happened before.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hallo @tereziastredna

Please - could you check if this Writer was generated in Folder.

Danke,

Danilo

Badge

Hallo @tereziastredna

Please - could you check if this Writer was generated in Folder.

Danke,

Danilo

Hi,

thanks for reply!

Do you mean to check if the datas are in folder?Folder.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

thanks for reply!

Thanks your png file.

Did you try to open with another Software?

Whats kind of version FME do you use?

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi,

thanks for reply!

Hi @tereziastredna,

It looks to me from your folder screenshot that your shapefile is one folder deeper than where the writer inspector is searching for the file. I am seeing C:\\Data\\Adressen_Shape_3_BL\\Hessen\\Hessen\\Adressen_Deutschland.shp in your output folder, where there is another Hessen folder that contains all of the shapefiles.

When you get the error message from inspecting in the writer, if you are using FME 2019, it should give you a another chance to point the Inspector to your output files in a dialog like this:

Try pointing the Dataset path to your where your data is written and it should open from there. I'm curious how the second folder might have gotten in there though, so it'd be good to check the paths in the writer

Badge

Hi @tereziastredna,

It looks to me from your folder screenshot that your shapefile is one folder deeper than where the writer inspector is searching for the file. I am seeing C:\\Data\\Adressen_Shape_3_BL\\Hessen\\Hessen\\Adressen_Deutschland.shp in your output folder, where there is another Hessen folder that contains all of the shapefiles.

When you get the error message from inspecting in the writer, if you are using FME 2019, it should give you a another chance to point the Inspector to your output files in a dialog like this:

Try pointing the Dataset path to your where your data is written and it should open from there. I'm curious how the second folder might have gotten in there though, so it'd be good to check the paths in the writer

Hi,

now I know what happened.

I set fanout to the name of this Attribute>so I get the ALSO folder with the name of area-what I wanted, just did not know that it will create one more folder. Thought it will be written into the folder with name- which I created...