Solved

ArcGIS 10.5 and Data Interoperability

• 5 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi!

In our client machine, we have upgraded ArcGIS Server to 10.5 (previously, it was 10.2.2). We also have a list of FME converters (created by ArcGIS Data Interoperability tool), FME converters are then saved as tools with ArcGIS Model Builder and a python script runs those converters every week. After the upgrade to 10.5, python script stopped working with various error messages:

#! EXPLICIT_BOOKMARK_ORDER="false"

#! TITIE=""

#! LEGAL_TERMS_CONDITIONS=""

#! MAX_LOG_FEATURES="200"

There messages apper to come randomly, no logic that we could find.

With the ArcGIS 10.5 version, the Data Interoperability version is also 10.5, but the FME version there is 2016.1.2

Python version is 2.7.12

The thing is, that those models, if started manually inside ArcCatalog toolbox, work perfectly.

As I understand, ArcGIS 10.5 needs FME 2016.1.3.

Could it be a version conflict between ArcGIS 10.5 and FME version inside ArcGIS Data Interoperability 2016.1.2?

Or python version problem?

If 10.5 needs FME 2016.1.3, then why hasn't ArcGIS Data Interoperability 10.5 have a FME 2016.1.3 version?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by vanporman 17 January 2017, 09:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

This seems to be a question for the ESRI knowledge board, rather than for the FME knowledge board.

Have you posted the question to ESRI support?

Badge +16
Data Interoperability 10.5 uses the FME 2016.1.2 engine.

Please log a support call with Esri.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

This seems to be a question for the ESRI knowledge board, rather than for the FME knowledge board.

Have you posted the question to ESRI support?

It's okay, Data Interop customers are welcome to chime in here. Ultimately some folks use FME with ArcGIS directly and so the issues may end up being the same.

That said, I do think this one is going to need to go to support, starting with support at Esri. And potentially then escalated to us. The error messages listed are actually just the contents of an FME Workspace, so it is hard to see why those would be being echo'd. I'd place a wager on executable search "PATH" issues picking up the wrong FME or wrong python....

Problem solved.

Python IDLE and Windows Task Scheduler automatically (after some updates) used 64-bit python but since we needed to use it through ArcGIS Desktop application (ArcMap), 32-bit python is needed. So we just changed path to correct python.exe and everyhting works perfectly.

And yes, I posted it to ESRI too but no replay from them.