Question

DWG Paperspace

• 15 January 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

If I use the DWG Reader setting 'Read Model Space Entities Through Viewport' set to Yes, is there a way to determine which features are being read through the viewport?

I need to be able to test all features in the DWG but want to test features only based on where they originate from i.e. model space or paper space.

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @deanhowell,

The easiest way to determine if the feature is read from model space or paper space is using the autocad_space format attribute. If you are only interested in features that were read in from the layout, then you would first need to expose the autocad_space format attribute using either an AttributeExposer or in the Reader Feature type on the Format Attributes tab. Once exposed, you will be able to filter based on the autocad_space attribute in the Tester.

The coordinates are also a good indication of whether features are being read in from paper or model space.

Hope that helps.

Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell,

The easiest way to determine if the feature is read from model space or paper space is using the autocad_space format attribute. If you are only interested in features that were read in from the layout, then you would first need to expose the autocad_space format attribute using either an AttributeExposer or in the Reader Feature type on the Format Attributes tab. Once exposed, you will be able to filter based on the autocad_space attribute in the Tester.

The coordinates are also a good indication of whether features are being read in from paper or model space.

Hope that helps.

Thanks @chrisatsafe, I am exposing the autocad_space attribute but with the read through attribute set the features that come from model space but are viewed in paperspace get the paper space attribute. In essence it reads features more than once. I have ended up using a spatial filter with the view ports to eliminate features that are in the viewport but it only works if the user has not manually added features in paperspace onto of the viewport.