Question

How to convert ZFS directory to LAS?

Badge

I'm trying to convert ZFS directory to LAS but it's not working. There's an error warning: 'Data type of the file not supported, please update library'. What went wrong?

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi @jkubacka,

Are you able to share your workspace and a sample of your dataset here? Alternatively, if you would prefer not to share your work in a public forum you can submit a support case here: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

Badge

Thanks for responding. I guess I've found out what happened. My pointcloud data is from the newest scanner, Z+F Imager 5016. Those scans didn't work when trying to convert via FME into LAS. But I also used ZFS data from older scanners, for example the Z+F Imager 5010 and it worked!

So it's both .zfs data but the newest version doesn't work. Is there any explanation ? It took me a long time to figure that out. Maybe you have an idea? Thanks alot.

Badge +3

Thanks for responding. I guess I've found out what happened. My pointcloud data is from the newest scanner, Z+F Imager 5016. Those scans didn't work when trying to convert via FME into LAS. But I also used ZFS data from older scanners, for example the Z+F Imager 5010 and it worked!

So it's both .zfs data but the newest version doesn't work. Is there any explanation ? It took me a long time to figure that out. Maybe you have an idea? Thanks alot.

Maybe there is an updated version of the file format? Not sure, but probably someone who can tell you that.