Solved

FME License Server

• 23 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I'm facing a problem for licensing server configuration. FME Server 2017.

There is a firewall between the server and the clients.

The server is a single instance and no other flexnet servers are installed in the same machine.

The 27000-27009 ports are open in the firewall.

No additional configuration done in the safe.lic file.

For a long time, everithing worked properly.

Now, even if the 27000/27009 ports are still open, the clients seems not able to reach the license server.

At least, a telnet to these ports is fine.

Trying to solve, I want to modify the safe.lic file.

Is the syntax correct? From the documentation, the SERVER port seems not to be mandatory.

In case I could use another port like 27001. Is that correct?

SERVER servername 000c290de0df (or SERVER servername 000c290de0df 27001)

VENDOR safe PORT=27000

USE_SERVER

TIA

icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 23 June 2020, 21:48

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @roberto,

There are two ports used for communication by the FlexLM license service: a SERVER and VENDOR port.

The SERVER ports range from 27000-27009 and VENDOR ports are assigned randomly with a typical range between 1700 and 8000.

It appears that you have the VENDOR port set to 27000 in your license file. I would suggest following this article here to edit the safe.lic file and specify the SERVER port to be 27000 and choose a different port number for the VENDOR port (outside of the typical SERVER port range eg. 27010). Ensure that port 27010 is also added to your firewall exception list.

Ensure that when you make any changes to the license file that you stop and restart the license service.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you are still encountering further issues.

- Andrea

Badge

Hi @roberto,

There are two ports used for communication by the FlexLM license service: a SERVER and VENDOR port.

The SERVER ports range from 27000-27009 and VENDOR ports are assigned randomly with a typical range between 1700 and 8000.

It appears that you have the VENDOR port set to 27000 in your license file. I would suggest following this article here to edit the safe.lic file and specify the SERVER port to be 27000 and choose a different port number for the VENDOR port (outside of the typical SERVER port range eg. 27010). Ensure that port 27010 is also added to your firewall exception list.

Ensure that when you make any changes to the license file that you stop and restart the license service.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you are still encountering further issues.

- Andrea

Hi @andreaatsafe,

file modified and problem solved.

Thanks!

Roberto