Question

Feature Dataset ignored

• 25 April 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Hi all,

I am reading non spatial tables from a file geodatabase and writing them to an ESRI SDE geodatabase.

In the writer feature types I have defined the Feature Dataset that I want the tables to be crated in.

But this entry is ignored by the writer and all tables are written without FDS.

I does not matter if I create the FDS before writing or not.

I am using FME 2016.0.1.1 32 bits and have ArcGis installed.

Any help is welcome.

Erik Jan

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

I do not think it is possible to write non-spatial tables to an ArcGIS feature dataset, they will always be written at the "root" level of the geodatabase.

The same goes for ArcCatalog too, so it's not specific to FME.

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Hi

I do not think it is possible to write non-spatial tables to an ArcGIS feature dataset, they will always be written at the "root" level of the geodatabase.

David

Thanks David,

But in that case I would not want the option to define a FDS if the "no geometry" type is selected. Allowing to define a FDS that will be ignored anyway is not good practice.

Erik Jan

Userlevel 4

Thanks David,

But in that case I would not want the option to define a FDS if the "no geometry" type is selected. Allowing to define a FDS that will be ignored anyway is not good practice.

Erik Jan

Agreed. Maybe a new posting under Ideas is in order.

Badge +6

Hi - similar issue here.

Am writing multiple classes with the feature dataset set in the featuretype but only the first feature_class gets written. The rest go to the root.

It is an issue but not sure why.

@david_r @erik_jan

Badge +6

Hi

David

see my answer as I have a similar issue