Question

oracle spatial relational connection

• 14 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Hi!

I'm trying to add an Interoperability Connection to an Oracle database(Oracle Locator) using Oracle Spatial Relational Format and I get this error:Error connecting to Oracle database: message was `ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'. (serverType=`ORACLE8', serverName=`instance/database', userName=`user', password=`***', dbname=`')

Otherwise, if I choose Oracle Spatial format, I manage to connect with the same user and password but the data I retreive is incomplete.

Does anyone encountered this problem?There is something that I'm missing?

Thank you!

R

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

Which version of Oracle are you using? The Spatial Relational connection is only compatible with Oracle up to, and including, release 9.0.1

Se also the note under point 1.2 here (http://docs.oracle.com/html/A88805_01/sdo_intr.htm).

David
Hi David!

Thank you for your answer!

Actually I'm trying to connect to an Oracle db (Oracle standard Edition ASFU –win32_11gR2_client) that contains Intergraph GTech data format. 

To do so (with esri data interoperabilityextension) I have 3 available formats: oracle-non spatial, oracle spatial, oracle relational model. The connection with oracle-spatial format is successful but data (especially geometries) are incomplete. So I expect that oracle spatial relational format retrieves me the complete data and geometries.

If the Spatial relational connection is not available for my Oracle version what do you suggest me to do to read this intergraph GTech format?

Thank you again!

Roxana
Userlevel 4
Hi

I do not know the Intergraph GTech format, but if the data is stored as Oracle Spatial, you should use the Oracle Spatial Object reader/writer in FME.

The old Spatial Relational reader/writer will not work at all with your Oracle release 11g.

If your geometries are incomplete I'd consider contacting Intergraph support to verify that they use standard Oracle Spatial geometry columns (and not something custom-made), then your reseller / Safe support if that doesn't work.

David

Thank you David, I'll do so.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that my doubt about Oracle Spatial Object and GTech format utility came from this tutorial:

http://www.slideshare.net/SafeSoftware/improve-dataexchangeinintergraphusingfme  slide19

which talks about reader/writer Oracle Spatial Relational Model (GTech) but it doesn't give much information.

Do you know where I can find more detailed documentation?

Thank you,

Roxana
Userlevel 4
Hi

Some quick googling gave me the following link with some people who seems to have had success with this format: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/2007370-5964600100180279297

If you still can't get it to work, consider contacting Safe support to see if they know any tips or tricks.

David