Question

python cx_oracle problem in fme 2017

• 7 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Fmeirs,

My fmw working good in 2016 fme desktop. now i installed fme 2017. when i run my fme script it says python error cx_oracle not found. I used python inside my fmw. i am connecting to oracle using python program inside and updating oracle table.

how can i move forward?

please help

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @fkemminje

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. Starting with FME 2017, cx_Oracle is no longer shipped with FME, which is very likely the reason you are running into this error.

You will need to download and manually add cx_Oracle module in order for your workspace to run successfully.

1. Visit https://pypi.org/project/cx_Oracle/#files
  2. Download the appropriate .whl file (the bit-version should match with FME)
  3. Follow the instructions here for the steps to add custom packages to FME Desktop

Alternatively, if you are using the ArcGIS Desktop (Python 2.7) interpreter for your workspace, follow the first two steps outlined above (make sure to download the appropriate cp27 version) and then follow up the steps below.

3. Open the .whl with 7zip and grab the pyd out of it

4. Drop the .pyd into the site-packages directory of appropriate ArcGIS Python directory (eg. C:\\Python27\\ArcGIS10.4\\Lib\\site-packages if using 32-bit FME or C:\\Python27\\ArcGISx64\\Lib\\site-packages if using 64-bit FME)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Debbi