Solved

AttributeFilter - possible attribute values - multiline

• 18 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have to filter out data based on a lot of values. Lets say, 50 values out of a 1000. I am using AttributeFilter for that and it works great, BUT it takes a lot of time and is extremely inconvenient to enter every attribute value and connect it. I could manage to copy many values from Excel, and when pasting them in I get something called 'multi-line' and I could connect only that one. It would be great if that would work. However, it doesnt. Plus judging from documentation Im not sure its designed for this purpose, but its not clear.

Can somebody advice me something, please. Or explain the purpose of multi-line within AttributeFilter. Thanks a lot! P.S. I work with CityGML data.

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 18 December 2015, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

You can read the Excel file and use the FeatureMerger to merge both you data source and the Excel file. All merged features will have the requested value for the join attribute. This will allow you to add values to the process without editing the workspace.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

If you want values in the AttributeFilter you can use the import button on the settings, rather than copying the values from the Excel spreadsheet. This will make a hardcopy of the values into the transformer settings.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

If it's mostly a pain to connect all the ports, use View > Windows > Feature Type Connections. That opens a window in which you can select all the output ports at one time, pick a single port to connect them to, then click the connect button

Badge

Thanks a lot! Both would work indeed, but I ended up using FeatureMerger as then I can avoid AttributeFilter all together and make a workflow easier.

Ill remember about Feature Type Connections too tho! Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

You can read the Excel file and use the FeatureMerger to merge both you data source and the Excel file. All merged features will have the requested value for the join attribute. This will allow you to add values to the process without editing the workspace.

Be sure to set it up so that the Excel file reader is the FIRST reader in your workspace route that data into the Suppliers. Then you can set the FeatureMerger into "Suppliers First" mode which will result in it NOT blocking the Requestors, resulting in a faster running translation @anete