Question

Polygon Coordinates in Oracle Spatial

Hello,

I need to extract polygon coordinates from various sources like shape, tab, kml etc. I am using generic reader to read source dataset. I want to know which is there any transformer which will do this job. I know CoordinateConcatenator is not suitable for aggrgates. So what is alternative to this. Anything I need to take care of in regards to how polygons are stored in Oracle Spatial. I need to handle all types og polygons simpe, donuts, aggregates/collections.

What is the best way to achieve this?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

you might want to decompose your complex geometries first, etc. Look at the Deaggregator, DonutholeExtractor, etc.

If you need to re-assemble the parts later on, consider introducing a Counter just after the Reader and you can then later use this value as a Group By for the Aggregator, DonutBuilder, etc.

David
Is there any other writer other than Oracle Spatial Object to write into Oralce Spatial table?
Userlevel 4
Hi,

not really, but if your geometries are small you can convert them to WKB and use the SQLExecutor in stead.

What is the reason for wanting something else?

David
I am just want to know the difference between Oracle Spatial Relational and Oracle Spatial Object. Which one I should use?
Userlevel 4
Hi,

the Oracle Spatial Relational is there for backwards compatibility with Oracle versions 9iR2 and earlier. The relational model has been deprecated by Oracle in favor of the object-relational model (called Oracle Spatial Object in FME).

More info in chapter 1.2 here: http://docs.oracle.com/html/A88805_01/sdo_intr.htm

David