Question

Results from Oracle stored procedure

• 2 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

Is there a way that I can get hold of and use the results from calling a stored procedure in a SQL Executor?

My procedure seems to run fine, but I haven't been able to get anything out of the Result output port of the SQLExecutor.  The stored proc queries a mapping table and returns either an existing id or a newly-created one (or an error).

My SQL looks something like this:

declare

ID number;

STATUS number;

ERRMSG varchar2(128);

begin

schema.get_new_id(@Value(obj_id),'@Value(table_name)',ID,STATUS,ERRMSG);

end;

Again, it seems to run fine, but I would like to use the output variables ID and STATUS on the feature farther along in the workflow (e.g. to set an attribute value). 

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

does schema.get_new_id() have any return values? This is necessary. You cannot have return values in the anonymous block in your SQLExecutor (not supported by Oracle), so the function get_new_id() must RETURN the values ID and STATUS to you. Declaring the results as OUT isn't enough here, they must be explicitely returned, i.e. get_new_id() must be a function, not a procedure.

If you can modify the declaration of get_new_id() to RETURN the results, or eventually create a PL/SQL wrapper function around it to do it, you can then do something like this in your SQLExecutor:

select ID, STATUS, ERRMSG

from table(schema.get_new_id(@Value(obj_id),'@Value(table_name)'))

You can then expose the resulting ID, STATUS and ERRMSG as feature attributes in the SQLExecutor, as usual.

See also the example here (http://stackoverflow.com/a/9484311/370301).

David

Userlevel 4

Hi,

does schema.get_new_id() have any return values? This is necessary. You cannot have return values in the anonymous block in your SQLExecutor (not supported by Oracle), so the function get_new_id() must RETURN the values ID and STATUS to you. Declaring the results as OUT isn't enough here, they must be explicitely returned, i.e. get_new_id() must be a function, not a procedure.

If you can modify the declaration of get_new_id() to RETURN the results, or eventually create a PL/SQL wrapper function around it to do it, you can then do something like this in your SQLExecutor:

select ID, STATUS, ERRMSG
from table(schema.get_new_id(@Value(obj_id),'@Value(table_name)'))

You can then expose the resulting ID, STATUS and ERRMSG as feature attributes in the SQLExecutor, as usual.

See also the example here http://stackoverflow.com/a/9484311/370301

David

Badge +1
David - thanks for your response!  I don't have it solved yet, but this is helpful.