Question

FME and Oracle

• 22 July 2013
  • 9 replies

Badge
Hello,

Is it possilble to remove an Oracle table by FME. Transform SQLExecutor and instruction "Name_Table DROP TABLE" does not work. Thank you for your return.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Maybe this will work: DROP TABLE table_name
Badge
Sorry, no the instuction "DROP TABLE table_name" doesn't work
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

It should work, just confirmed it here. then it can be a matter of priviledges, do you have the correct rights to drop a table?

Badge
Yes I confirm to you the statement "DROP TABLE table_name" does not work. I have the correct rights to DROP the table. Some information, my table to remove is in INPUT, it is connected to the INPUT port of the transformer. And there is no table after the transformer.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hallo,

If you are only interested in executing the sql then use the SQL creator, if you need to execute sql inmid translation use the sql executor.

The sql creator doesnt need a trigger and therefore has no input port.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

> And there is no table after the transformer   It means the table has been removed? If some error messages are shown on the Log window, could you post them?

Takashi
Badge

Hi,

In fact I wanted a transformer to remove an Oracle table.

If I put in entry the table to be deleted and then the transformer SQLExecutor with the command "DROP table table_name" then the table is not deleted, but I have not an error message.

As against the SQLcreator turn works with the command "DROP table table_name" and the table is deleted.

Thanks a lot for your help
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

The sql executor can also work, but you dont need to input the table as an input for the transformer. A singel feature from the creator (for example) can trigger the sql executor to execute the drop command.

In the sql executor you configure the db connection and table(s) on which to execute the sql.

Itay

I don't know if this was already solved, but everytime I need to DROP, DELETE, UPDATE or INSERT something, I need to use a "Commit" inside SQLExecutor.

Example:

FME_SQL_DELIMITER ;     (Declares ";" as a separator/delimiter)

DROP TABLE table_name;    (Command to execute)

commit;     (Commit work)

This works fine for me. Have you tried it?