Question

Data Inspector will not open

• 7 November 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

I have been outputting to FME Data Inspector quite intensively over the last 2 days and now it has stopped opening even though the workbench is running successfully.

I have tried the solutions mentioned in this post:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/AnswersQuestionDetail?id=906a0000000cnQMAAY

Ie: I have purged inside FME and deleted all I could out of the FME temp folder on the C drive. 

When I change the options to output to FME Universal Viewer, this works.  So it must be some sort of memory issue with FME Data Inspector??

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Hi,

Sometimes the DI process is still running in the background, you can check that with the tasks manager. If its running kill the process.
Badge +1
Thanks Itay, that was it :)
Badge
We realize that for a lot of Windows users the Data Inspector no longer pops to the front when you send it data from Workbench which is a bit annoying.  The issue seems to be related to a Windows update and unfortunately we may not be able to go back the old behaviour.  Our team is still trying our best to find a way to solve this.
Badge +1
Thanks for the update Ken.

Since I killed the process in Task Manager, Data Inspector has been opening again normally from my Workbench (on Windows 7).  So for the time being everything is working ok.