Solved

FME warning raised during use of FME

• 12 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Dear Safe support,

I'm working with General Electric on the Smallworld product in the Netherlands. One of our customers is getting the follwoing FME warning when using FME:

WARN |Sector type not fully implemented : CPArc: 3085

They wonder where this message originates. As I haven't been able to reproduce this I hope you could shed some light on this.

Please let me know if you require further information on the version of FME as I don't have this available yet.

Kind Regards,

Marc Brutsaert

Customer Support Engineer

GE Digital The Netherlands

icon

Best answer by nathanatsafe 12 October 2017, 18:19

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi @marcbrutsaert, thanks for posting your question!

This warning has been reported before, and generally concerns donuts, splines, or other geometry types fed in by the Smallworld reader that FME is unable to process. Does this fit the user's situation? Are there some visual errors as well as this log warning?

A first step in troubleshooting might be to set the Smallworld reader service parameter to FMENOFACTORY and see if this alters the behaviour. This parameter setting preserves Smallworld's multiple geometry columns, and prevents FME from automatically simplifying some geometries.

Hope this helps!

Nathan

smallworld-export-bestelgebied-brk-v001b.txtHi Nathan,

Thanks for your response. I'll inform the customer and ask him to change the parameter.

Additionally I have included a log from the export from Smallworld.

See also comments from the customer below:

therewas a log-file added to this case (<smallworld_export bestelgebiedBRK_v001b.log>). You can find all the necessary information there:

* FME 2014 SP5 (20141210 - Build 14440 - WIN32)

* Interaction with SW and use of FME-Workbench

Regards,

Marc