Question

Reader needs access to web service connection

• 3 November 2015
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Hi,

I have added my web service to FME:

FME Workbench -> Tools -> FME Options -> Web Service Connections -> Web Services...

I have also declared two parameters for the web services (username+password)

Furthermore, my reader uses the GUI type NAMED_CONNECTION [1], so users can set their username and password for my web service. My question is: How can my reader access these values/parameters?

During the open method, my reader parses the mapping file, but it only includes the chosen "Connection Name" and not the password or username.

The values/parameters are stored in FME, I verified that using again:

FME Workbench -> Tools -> FME Options -> Web Service Connections

I thought, maybe FME provides some kind of service returning the values/parameters identified by the connection name and web service. Does such a service exist? Or is there another way to access the values/parameters from a given connection name?

My reader is written in C++

Thank you very much!

ben

[1] http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_GuiType/doc_page...

6 replies

Badge +9
Are your username/password parameters already set as published parameters?

I think that is the method to get user interaction on parameters.
Badge
I do not think so. How can I set them as published parameter?

Thanks!

Badge
I do not think so. How can I set them as published parameter?

Thanks!

See:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1287/published-parameter-examples.html for examples

Badge
@jonathan_hrw

Thanks for answering. For my reader it would be much better if I can publish the parameters only using the reader`s metafile (without further transformers etc). Is this also possible?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

Probably this is the answer.

"- If your format has specialized connection parameters, then they should be grouped in a NAMEDGROUP called FME_CONNECTION_GROUP. If the format is used in a context where only connection information is needed (ex. SQLExecutor, Joiner) then only parameters in that group will be shown." -- Metafile Documentation

Takashi
Badge
Hi,

Probably this is the answer.

"- If your format has specialized connection parameters, then they should be grouped in a NAMEDGROUP called FME_CONNECTION_GROUP. If the format is used in a context where only connection information is needed (ex. SQLExecutor, Joiner) then only parameters in that group will be shown." -- Metafile Documentation

Takashi

Thanks for sharing this. But I already grouped the parameters and called them FME_CONNECTION_GROUP. Unfortunately, I can see no difference. Using my reader, I can parse the NAMED_CONNECTION field but I only receive the connection name, not the corresponding username+password. Also none other keyword allows me to parse username+password, at least I do not know which one I must use.