Question

Writers output filename for Raster Feature class same as input is not happening

• 4 October 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I have hit a wall, I cannot get FME to save the input's filename as the output’s filename.

Input is: 291000-6996000_1m_DEM.xyz output is Raster feature class inside a ESRI geodatabase.

I’m trying to get output’s Raster feature class name same as the input (note output filename can’t start with a number). I can change the original .xyz filenames to add a c in front, for example (if required).

Also this all needs to go into 1 geodatabase as I have hundreds of large .xyz files. I managed to get the batch to work but it saved multiple geodatabases with the inputs name and with 1 raster inside each, all with the same name.

In the workbench all I have is Reader, RasterDEMGenerator, Writer [GEODATABASE_FILE_RASTER_DATASET]

Cheers

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Usually when writing to a raster the feature fan out option is automatically on, is this also so in your case?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

In addition, also look at the "Group By" parameter of the RasterDEMGenerator. In this case, an identifier of input file (e.g. file name) should be specified to the parameter. Otherwise, the RasterDEMGenerator cannot pass the input file name to the following process.

Takashi