Question

Can I use featureReader on FFS - files?

• 24 November 2012
  • 5 replies

Badge
FeatureReader is supposed to read  any FME supported format. I've had succes using it to query against a geodatabase (arc SDE), but trying to do spatial queries against a temporary data set stored as FFS I get zip. Nada. Zero.

Of course, I've been doing debugging and relaxing both the spatial and non-spatial options of my featureReader so that every single feature of my dataset SHOULD pass happily through, no matter what. Still I'm out of luck :( 

My INITIATOR feature is one or more polygon(s). 

Does anyone else than me having trouble reading FFS files with featureReader? Or is it just me... Or is it some black FME magic I have overlooked somewhere? 

5 replies

Badge
Hi,

I've tried it: I failed, as well. With the same data in shape-format and ffs-format I get a result for shape and no result for ffs.

I suggest do open a request at the Safe Support.

Kind regards

Uta
Badge +21
If I remember correctly I had the same problem and got an answer from SAFE that this is currently not supported with FFS. There is a support ticket for this, however if you also report it I hope it will be put further on top of the list for fixing. It is quite strange actually, I would guess that FFS was the first format to work with any Transformer.
Badge +2
Tried it, same, no features flowing. Workaround using workspacerunner, but not full functionality (no geometry overlap check - only using minX-minY-maxX-maxY.

Would be great if FeatureReader can query FFS.
Badge
I got a nice email from safe stating that this was fixed in the newest 2013-version. An outstanding example of the kind of  feedback you want to give your customers! 

Badge +21

This seems to be fixed now, just make sure that the coordinate system is the same on both FFS and the inputfeature you send to the featurereader. @hektopascal