Solved

Join Shapefile with property data

• 11 October 2019
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

I want to categorize all properties across BC based on the federal electoral districts. I have the Esri Geodatabase file format for the federal electoral districts and have all the properties with their latitude and longitude information stored in a table. what will be the best approach to resolve this ?

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 11 October 2019, 20:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Since both data sets should not have overlapping polygons, The AreaonAreaOverlayer (merge attributes) should give you the set of parcels with the electoral district information added.

Some parcels (on the boundary of the districts) might get duplicated.

Hope this helps.

Since both data sets should not have overlapping polygons, The AreaonAreaOverlayer (merge attributes) should give you the set of parcels with the electoral district information added.

Some parcels (on the boundary of the districts) might get duplicated.

Hope this helps.

Everything is rejected. Why is that?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @vakansha You're likely creating points with the VertexCreator. Use a PointOnAreaOverlayer instead of the AreaOnAreaOverlayer. Or use a SpatialRelator or SpatialFilter.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Everything is rejected. Why is that?

Hi @vakansha You're likely creating points with the VertexCreator. Use a PointOnAreaOverlayer instead of the AreaOnAreaOverlayer. Or use a SpatialRelator or SpatialFilter.

Hello @danatsafe even when i use a PointOnAreaOverlayer, it gives me either only the points or only the BC shape file but not both of them together.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @danatsafe even when i use a PointOnAreaOverlayer, it gives me either only the points or only the BC shape file but not both of them together.

Are both datasets in the same coordinate system? Did you generate a list on the PoAO for both Point and Area outputs?

Are both datasets in the same coordinate system? Did you generate a list on the PoAO for both Point and Area outputs?

It worked finally. I was not generating a list on PoAO which is why it was not working. Thanks for your help.