Question

Looking for simple templates

I am new to FME. Is there somewhere I can download basic templates of FME projects? I am currently looking for something to count the number of files / folder in a Windows directory. I assume that is pretty basic, but I have no idea how to start.

After I locate a simple template I can take it apart and learn more on how to create my own.

Thanks,

Dan

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @dmesserich

The reader Directory and File Pathnames return the files from a Folder.

You can check on this Link the configurations.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge +2

Hi @dmesserich,

Welcome to the FME Community!

Building on @danilo_fme's answer, templates can be found on the Hub and throughout the Knowledge Base. Templates that have been uploaded to the FME Hub can even be accessed directly in Workbench by clicking on the Create Workspace button (CTRL+N) then navigating the FME Hub categories or filtering for keywords:

Knowledge Base articles, like the tutorials page, are also a great resource as most of our articles provide templates as well. Tutorials can range from general getting started guides to transformer/format specific.

Other helpful resources to get started include:

Of course, if you get stuck with anything along the way or can't seem to find any relevant resources the Q&A is always here for you - never hesitate to ask your FME related questions here!