Solved

Acess to Excel Sheets named by Attribute

• 18 October 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I am a bit frustrated and have done this in the past (April of this year actually) and for the life of me cannot get same results.

I have an access database with a large table that has multiple columns and one of the columns is "Town" and I need to export Excel sheets by town carrying all the data for that specific town (from all the other columns).

Ive tried Fanout and Ive tried in writer to ask it to create via town field. Nothing is working. Its frustrating.

I know the answer is simple and I thank you in advance to who ever can jog my memory.

Also dont get me started on co-worker whom deleted workbench!

Thanks!

Savas

icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 18 October 2017, 20:05

View original

9 replies

Badge +10

Hi @sav426

In the Excel feature type writer, you can set the Sheet Name to be the "Town" attribute. This should result in one Excel file with sheets named for each Town.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Hi @sav426

In the Excel feature type writer, you can set the Sheet Name to be the "Town" attribute. This should result in one Excel file with sheets named for each Town.

Hope this helps!

Andrea I did that. Its such a puzzle I have no idea why its not working. I actually feel embarrassed for asking such a "simple" question.
Badge +10

Andrea I did that. Its such a puzzle I have no idea why its not working. I actually feel embarrassed for asking such a "simple" question.
What version/build of FME are you using?
Badge
What version/build of FME are you using?
here is the info:

Edition: FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)

Version: FME(R) 2016.1.0.1 (20160516 - Build 16494 - WIN32)

Im very surprised this isnt working. I consider myself fairly advanced FME user and for some reason this isnt working.

Its simple from an Access DB with a table within and lots records by town. So I need a spreadsheet to come out Named Town with all the records for that particular town in same format as database.

I tried it in the writer based on attribute AND I also tried the fanout option. Neither worked.

It strange and bothers me what I am doing wrong.

Badge +10
here is the info:

Edition: FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)

Version: FME(R) 2016.1.0.1 (20160516 - Build 16494 - WIN32)

Im very surprised this isnt working. I consider myself fairly advanced FME user and for some reason this isnt working.

Its simple from an Access DB with a table within and lots records by town. So I need a spreadsheet to come out Named Town with all the records for that particular town in same format as database.

I tried it in the writer based on attribute AND I also tried the fanout option. Neither worked.

It strange and bothers me what I am doing wrong.

Yes, that is strange. Here's a screen shot of where it should be set, just to be sure.

Would you mind submitting a case and attaching your workspace? https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

And we can take a look into a bit more.
Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Did you look at the output, right before the writer, using an Inspector transformer?

It will show if the "Town" attribute actually has the values you expect it to have.

Badge
Yes, that is strange. Here's a screen shot of where it should be set, just to be sure.

Would you mind submitting a case and attaching your workspace? https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

And we can take a look into a bit more.
I will absolutely send in my Workbench tomorrow. Thank so much.

Badge
I will absolutely send in my Workbench tomorrow. Thank so much.

Andrea,

I recreated the workbench and its working fine now. Go figure. Must of been some bug or something. Thanks for everything
Badge +10
Andrea,

I recreated the workbench and its working fine now. Go figure. Must of been some bug or something. Thanks for everything
Glad to hear it is working now!