Question

Configuring ArcSDE Writer for Versioned Data not owned by current user ?

• 19 April 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a job that is reading from a file GDB and writing to an ArcSDE SQLServer versioned GDB.

I believe I have configured the writer correctly, as the log has messages confirming that I am connecting to the correct transactional version.

Connection made to server 'scggisdb1pw' for dataset 'SQLHydro' (transactional version '"BCC\\DJACQUES".DJacques_20170417') using Operating System's current user

ArcSDE release: '10.0'. Underlying database: 'SQL Server'

However I am getting the following error :

Geodatabase Writer: Creating feature dataset 'ModelData'

Geodatabase Writer: Creating feature class `ICPR_NODE' in feature dataset 'SQLHydro."BCC\\DJACQUES".ModelData'

An error occurred while attempting to create the feature class 'ICPR_NODE'.

The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147155515'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Database user name and current user schema do not match. [SQLHydro."BCC\\DJACQUES".ICPR_NODE]}

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

The SQLHydro user owns all of the data in the version I have created, with my user having full modification rights to it.

If I connect to this version in ArcMap, I can add and delete features with no issue. So I don't think this is a permissions problem.

I am unsure why the transformer tries to create the feature dataset and feature class under my username instead of inserting features into the existing one owned by SQLHydro.

Is there a parameter I am missing ?

ArcGIS Version 10.4.1

FME Desktop 2016.0.1.2

Thanks

2 replies

Badge

Do you have a table qualifier set on the writer feature type? If not, try setting the table qualifier to SQLHydro.

Badge

Do you have a table qualifier set on the writer feature type? If not, try setting the table qualifier to SQLHydro.

Thanks Courtney. Not sure why I didn't see that before. I thought it would be a writer parameter instead of a parameter in each feature type.