Question

workbench shortcut view

• 8 November 2018
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Hello

I am fairly new to using FME.

I do however use multiple FME workbenches.

I generally access them via Windows Explorer.

I'd like to see display page in FME that shows all of my workbenches as shortcuts where I can run each separate workbench from. Effectively click on the the shortcut button and run the workbench.

Cheers TravisD

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi. That sounds interesting. You might want to post that to the "Ideas" section and see if other users vote for it. The more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely we are to implement it.

I do have a couple of suggestions that might be of use...

• If you right-click a workspace in Windows Explorer then there is an option to run the workspace (using the FME Quick Translator).
  • If you really wanted you could set the default action for fmw files to run automatically instead of opening in Workbench
  • The other option would be to get FME Server. This is a web interface that lets you see your workspaces as a list (or pick from a drop down list) and run them. Of course, there is a cost involved in using Server, but it does extend your range of FME capabilities in other ways too (like notifications, multiple engines, etc)

Mark

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi. That sounds interesting. You might want to post that to the "Ideas" section and see if other users vote for it. The more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely we are to implement it.

I do have a couple of suggestions that might be of use...

• If you right-click a workspace in Windows Explorer then there is an option to run the workspace (using the FME Quick Translator).
  • If you really wanted you could set the default action for fmw files to run automatically instead of opening in Workbench
  • The other option would be to get FME Server. This is a web interface that lets you see your workspaces as a list (or pick from a drop down list) and run them. Of course, there is a cost involved in using Server, but it does extend your range of FME capabilities in other ways too (like notifications, multiple engines, etc)

Mark

Oh, I just remembered, FME Server also has an option for Dashboards. Really you are asking for a dashboard when I think about it, so that could be another way to customize your experience. If you are interested then you should be able to get a trial license for FME Server and see if it is of use.