Question

Convert trajectory CSV to GPX from Mobile Mapper

• 24 January 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi,

I have a trajectory file with GPS time and coordinates from Mobile Mapper Ladybug camera and want to convert to .gpx file. The structure of .gpx seems to require quite a few additional attributes.

Anyone has any ideas or suggestions of how to process CSV?

Regards,

Maksym

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

When you read in the CSV file check out the Reader Parameters, you can specify columns to be lat/lon. That will automatically create the points.

GPX does indeed seem to require a lot of attributes, but is actually quite happy with a minimal set. You'll probably want to write your points as TrackPoints. Make sure to fill the track_id attribute (all with the same value) and then create a null geometry object, set the same track_id and write it to the Track feature type.

Badge +2
@mkhovalko If you attach a small example of your CSV, I'm sure someone will build a small example workspace for you.

Badge +4

Hello Everyone

Im trying to convert CSV to GPX format as data was collected using mobile mapping equipment..

When i have added as reader as CSV and writer as GPX , There are few parameters needs to be considered as i have X and Y to be linked as lat/lon in gpx ..

Kindly guide

Any Guidance highly appreciable

Thank u