Question

How do I get the AutoCAD writer to pass multiple line attributes, the block is defined in a template file?

Badge +1

5 replies

Badge +6

I was able to get the writer to grab the attributes for the block as long as the "Use the block name to create blocks" was set to Yes under the advanced parameters. Then make sure you have an attribute called autocad_block_name that has the correct block name from the template file.

I've uploaded my test workspace and template file.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thank you for the response I do understand the basic part of attributes and writers, what I'm trying to do is to have a block with a single attribute that has multiple lines. I have the block defined in the template file with the multiple line attribute. But after running the workspace it reverts back to a single line attribute.

Badge +6

Hi,

Thank you for the response I do understand the basic part of attributes and writers, what I'm trying to do is to have a block with a single attribute that has multiple lines. I have the block defined in the template file with the multiple line attribute. But after running the workspace it reverts back to a single line attribute.

Ah, I misunderstood. Apologies! I redid the workspace and template file to include a multiline attribute. In my test, it did put text one multiple lines.

Badge +6

New template and workspace.

I added a multiline attribute.

I would be happy to have a look at your template/workspace if you'd like.

Badge +1

cu-eq-labeler-r2.fmw

here is the workspace I will send the template in a few