Question

SQL Statement to Execute after translation problem

Badge

Hello,

since updating to 2016.1 I have a problem with my sql statements to execute after translation. I need to update sequence values, because I am manually inserting data into serial column. However I am getting following error:

Error executing SQL command ('select setval('$(Schema).unip_property_attributes_id_seq', (select max(id) from $(Schema).unip_property_attributes))'): 'ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$"

LINE 1: ...property_attributes_id_seq', (select max(id) from $(Schema)....
                                                             ^

'
PostgreSQL Writer: SQL statement To Execute After Translation failed; see above for details

where unip_property_attributes_id_seq is the name of the sequence I am trying to modify (set value) and $(Schema) is a published parameter where the name of the schema is stored. Seems like after updating to 2016.1 there is some problem with addressing published parameters in sql commands after translation, because $(Schema) parameter used in sql executor seems to be working just fine (error points to $ character, which makes no sense to me). However what is mind boggling is that I have several very similar sql commands to execute after translation that were created in 2016.0 and work now even when I run the workspace in 2016.1, only this single freshly created sql does not work.

Here are the sql commands I am using, first one is giving errors, second one is working just fine:

FME_SQL_DELIMITER ;
select setval('$(Schema).unip_property_attributes_id_seq', (select max(id) from $(Schema).unip_property_attributes));

FME_SQL_DELIMITER ;
select setval('$(Schema).unip_object_id_seq', (select max(id) from $(Schema).unip_object));

Thanks for any help,

Radek

0 replies

Be the first to reply!