Question

Openflight Reader (.flt)

• 20 February 2013
  • 5 replies

Hi -

I am trying to determine if there's a way to expose face attributes when working with openflight files in FME.

I would like to somehow create a list of SMC, Feature IDs, and texture names.

Thanks in advance! : )

5 replies

Badge +21
Just logged in, I see you can  export as csv and kml etc.

Not sure if there is another part of the web

I did not find the *.flt download - where is it? Or can you upload a sample-file?
Thanks for responding!

I don't think I'll be allowed to upload a sample .flt file - they're pretty strict about that where I work.

Also, what program is that image taken from? : )

Sorry - I'm new here!

In an attempt to clarify what I'm trying to do:

I have terrain and model (.flt) files generated through Presagis TerraVista or Presagis Creator. If possible, I would like to extract the header attributes (projection, origin) and individual face/polygon attributes (SMC, FID, Texture Info) from those files.

Right now, when I use the openflight reader in FME, I am able to get the geometry of the .flt file, in the form of an FME_aggregate.... but I  have no idea how to extract the attribute information from each face.

Thanks!

Badge +21
Sorry! Misunderstood. Havent used the flt-format before (so ended up here: http://openflights.org/ :))

So to your case. If you double-click the READER in the workspace and go to the pane called "Format attributes" and CHECK all of them - do you get some more information that you need?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

I am not familiar with flt files, but always a good place to start is the readers and writers manual. According to the manual the texture directories directive with exposed attributes (as SigTill points out) should provide you the features properties you are interested in.

Hope this hepls.
Hi, thanks to  both of you for trying to help.

I had already thoroughly combed the reader/writer information before posting this... to no avail. : /

Exposing the format attributes does not accomplish what I need.

In fact, the only .flt format-specific format attributes is  called "openflight_type," having a value of "oepnflight_surface."

The texture directory merely points toward the location of the potential texture files.

No specific information about the component faces is available that I can find.

I'm quickly learning that .flt is not a populat file format with FME... as evidenced by the lack of questions relating to it, haha. : )

Thanks again for your attempts!