Question

Unable to connect from FME server to SFTP server

• 10 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am not able to connect to a SFTP server from the application. I can putty into my FME server and connect to the SFTP server, but I am not able to connect from the FTP caller within a workbench.

I am trying to connect using ssh in both scenarios, but from the workbench I get a "login denied" error.

Version 2017.0

7 replies

Badge +11
Hi @colleenk_1, I am sorry to hear about the troubles with FTPCaller. Can you try enabling 'Log Debug' in FME Options > Translation and running the workspace again – and if you could attach the full log file here, that would be very helpful to further troubleshoot this issue.

Badge

Hi Rylan! I actually think I was having a key file issue. I asked my IT team to move some files around, which will hopefully solve the problem. I will attach the log file if I am still having the same problem after they make the changes I requested.

Thank you!!

Badge +6
Hi @colleenk_1, I am sorry to hear about the troubles with FTPCaller. Can you try enabling 'Log Debug' in FME Options > Translation and running the workspace again – and if you could attach the full log file here, that would be very helpful to further troubleshoot this issue.

Hi @rylanatsafe, I've the same issue as 'title' of this post referencing. I was able to connect and upload files to SFTP server from my desktop. But after publishing workspace to server, the FTPCaller doesn't authenticate using SSH private key and throws error. I've setup the server same as my desktop with Pageant installed & running.

FTPCaller (FTPFactory): FTP info: Failure connecting to agent

FTPCaller (FTPFactory): FTP info: Authentication failure

FTPCaller (FTPFactory): HTTP/FTP transfer error: 'Login denied'

Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Badge +9

Hi @rylanatsafe, I've the same issue as 'title' of this post referencing. I was able to connect and upload files to SFTP server from my desktop. But after publishing workspace to server, the FTPCaller doesn't authenticate using SSH private key and throws error. I've setup the server same as my desktop with Pageant installed & running.

Hi @fmeuser_gc,

I spoke to the developers about this and I think we need to add a systemcaller before the FTPCaller to get the private key. I created a demonstration workspace to show you how it will be set up. You'll have to change your paths to the same ones used in your environment. Let me know if this works for you.

As another workaround our developers mentioned that you could set up pageant to run on windows startup under the same account as the FME Engines service. Then, you wouldn't need the system caller. However, we have not tested this method in house and this would be more of a hack than a workaround.

SystemCallertoFTPCaller.fmw

Hi @siennaatsafe​ 

Can i grab the a copy of the workspace systemcallertoftpcaller.fmw

I'm having a similar issue and this may help.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi @neilk, I've attached the systemcallertoftpcaller.fmw file as well as fixed the original file link in Sienna's comment.

Badge +11

Hi @lizatsafe​ 

Question regarding the uploading to FTP Server while creating non-exist directory? Is /home/safe directory already exist?FTPCaller_Upload wDirectory_notwork