Question

Update sharepoint list

Badge +1

Hi FME fans,

I am using the MS Sharepoint List writer to update values - this is using Feature Operation 'Update' using Row Selection 'sharepoint item id'.

This works fine when I give it a new value, eg a different date, however if I set the value to null in FME the value in sharepoint doesnot change. How can I set the value to null?

Thanks,

Owen

7 replies

Badge +16
Hi Owen, this sounds logical since a null value will not be found in the item id, or am I missing something?

Badge +1
Hi Owen, this sounds logical since a null value will not be found in the item id, or am I missing something?

Hi Itay, no this isnt updating the item id, but other attributes. Basically I want to clear these attributes out, not update them but setting the values to null doesnt trigger any change

Badge +16
Hi Itay, no this isnt updating the item id, but other attributes. Basically I want to clear these attributes out, not update them but setting the values to null doesnt trigger any change

Any chance 'missing' or empty values work better?

Badge +10

Can it be that the date field is an obligatory field and that null-values aren't accepted?

Badge +1
Any chance 'missing' or empty values work better?

No, joy with missing or empty values

Badge +1

Can it be that the date field is an obligatory field and that null-values aren't accepted?

Hi Lars, thanks but no it can have blank/null values in the field

@owen​ did you ever find a solution? I'm facing the same issue