Question

3D Rotator error message

• 29 January 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

I have two data sets, one is a point with XYZ and RPY values. The other is a polygonal sphere. I want to rotate the sphere around the point's values with the 3D Rotator, but the workspace keeps throwing the following error: ERROR |3DRotator: Unable to convert @Affine parameter B value `' to a floating point value. What is the cause of this? The data itself is as far as I can see correct, and when I use a point instead of the polygon sphere, I get no error.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Can you add a printscreen of the 3DRotator's parameters? My guess is it is attribute based. Because I think one of the parameters is a non numeric value. I would add a Tester just before the 3DRotator to check if the attributes you use in the 3DRotator are numeric.

If you calculate the values using an AttributeCreator, be sure to use the Arithmic Editor. Else the formula leaves the transformer as a String.

Badge

Can you add a printscreen of the 3DRotator's parameters? My guess is it is attribute based. Because I think one of the parameters is a non numeric value. I would add a Tester just before the 3DRotator to check if the attributes you use in the 3DRotator are numeric.

If you calculate the values using an AttributeCreator, be sure to use the Arithmic Editor. Else the formula leaves the transformer as a String.

I rebuilt the workspace and the error disappeared, no idea why. Yes I used arithmetic editor, it worked with point data.