Question

How do you get the connecting lines with topology builder?

• 9 August 2016
  • 5 replies

I have points snapped to line endpoints. I run topologybuilder with assume clean data=y and propogate all attributes=Y. I expect a list attribute _lines{} to be added to the point features i.e. nodes. It is not. There is only something called node_angle{} with no useful line information in it. How do I get the attributes from the connecting lines?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

PointonLineOverlayer could set the line attributes on the points.

Badge +16

Another option would be to use the SpatialRelator

Another option would be to use the SpatialRelator

SpatialRelator does what it says it will do, unlike TopologyBuilder. A nodal model would've been useful downstream, but, for now, the related records work well enough

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Do you have the parameter "Propagate all Attributes from Input" set to Yes?

When I use that then I get the street (edge) attributes passed on to the nodes. It is a list attribute, and for some reason the list is called _node_angle - but I do get the attributes.

For example, each node has _node_angle{0}.StreetName and _node_angle{1}.StreetName

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Do you have the parameter "Propagate all Attributes from Input" set to Yes?

When I use that then I get the street (edge) attributes passed on to the nodes. It is a list attribute, and for some reason the list is called _node_angle - but I do get the attributes.

For example, each node has _node_angle{0}.StreetName and _node_angle{1}.StreetName

Even without that, each node should get an ID number, and each edge gets a _from_node and _to_node attribute that denotes which node IDs it connects to. So you should have a proper nodal model that way too.