Solved

The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216072'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {FDO error: -2147216072}

• 23 August 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while translating data from Oracle Spatial to ESRI Geodatabase. while translating the data using FME workbench getting error message "Unable to drop the table/feature class 'GD_EXPANSION_JOINT_point'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147216072'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {FDO error: -2147216072}". i did google search for this FDO error number but did not find anything. Could anyone help me out in this error.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Kumar

icon

Best answer by ravi255210 29 August 2016, 19:53

View original

9 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Is it similar error please refer the solution mentioned

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/2243/using-a-cursor-the-error-number-from-arcobjects-is.html

Badge
There is no solution described in that question. and also even though error code is same description is different. my issue description is "Unable to drop the table/feature class" and existing question description is "Error occurred while attempting to insert a row into the table using a cursor"

I don't think these two are similar.

Thanks,

Ravi Kumar
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Ravi,

This is a very general DB I/O error number which is produced by Esri when there are issues with the database. The most common causes are documented here - https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/geodatabase/Tips_for_Using_the_Geoda.htm

Try deleting the table using ArcCatalog and see if that works. Check the security settings and that there are no locks on the table.

If you are attempting to build the table using FME then check that all the attribute names are valid for the underlying database - i.e. are not reserved words.

There are a number of articles around this error number - try searching for 2147216072 esri and see if anything applies. It usually points to an issue with the Geodatabase or the underlying database.

Regards,

Robyn

Badge +2
There is no solution described in that question. and also even though error code is same description is different. my issue description is "Unable to drop the table/feature class" and existing question description is "Error occurred while attempting to insert a row into the table using a cursor"

I don't think these two are similar.

Thanks,

Ravi Kumar
Identified solution has been provided as comment in that thread.

Badge +16

Another issue to consider is the presence of a network on the destination database.

Badge +16

Hi Ravi,

This is a very general DB I/O error number which is produced by Esri when there are issues with the database. The most common causes are documented here - https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/geodatabase/Tips_for_Using_the_Geoda.htm

Try deleting the table using ArcCatalog and see if that works. Check the security settings and that there are no locks on the table.

If you are attempting to build the table using FME then check that all the attribute names are valid for the underlying database - i.e. are not reserved words.

There are a number of articles around this error number - try searching for 2147216072 esri and see if anything applies. It usually points to an issue with the Geodatabase or the underlying database.

Regards,

Robyn

Retired Robyn?

Badge

Hi All,

Thank you for all your reponses. I Could able to find out the issue and fixed the issue. Main reason for this issue is Problematic Domain Indexes. i found this error from Arc Catalog software. in FME workbench file they are not giving clear description of the problem just mentioning like FDO Error. Rebiuld indexes fixed the issue.

Badge

If you're writing to an Oracle database, you may receive this error when attempting to insert a new table with an attribute name that is on Oracle reserved word list. Verify that all of your attribute names are not included in the Oracle reserved words.

Badge +1

Hi

I just got this errir today and the problem was that I tried to insert values in SDE with FME but the value was calculated with an arithmetic formula where the divider was sometime '0'. In those case, even though the value was 0 in the field, it seems to generate errors with SDE. I used a conditionnal value instead (if divider = 0 than write 0) and everything was fine.