Question

FME Server : problems writing to Oracle Spatial

• 30 March 2016
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi,

I've run into a problem writing to tables in several different Oracle schemas using FME Server. In my workspace I have 5 different Oracle Spatial Object writers that I will write to depeding what data comes through. The Oracle schemas (users) are created with a .bat and several .sql files.

The problem is that I only seems to be able to write data in 2 of the 5 schemas (the only differences between the schemas are password, srid and extent. All those have been verified). For example, writer 1 and 2 works but not number 3.

If I delete all schemas and only create a schema for number 3 FME Server can write to tables in that schema. If I create all schemas (1-5), only number 1 and 2 will work.

There are no differences between the Oracle schemas and FME will write data to all if I execute from Workbench. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on FME Server. I have checked and rechecked the Oracle, FME Server and log files and I can't find any suspicious (connection ok, parameters ok, data ok...).

Funny thing is that FME logs files say that features have been written to Oracle, but the tables are empty...

Anyone have any ideas ? I've running out of where to look...

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Could it be something completely different than the Oracle writer?

For example: Is the number of connections from the FME server server to the database server limited by a firewall or Is the Oracle client on the FME server installed using the same TNSNames and SQL*Net configuration (not limiting the number of database connections). You can check that by opening 5 SQL*Plus connections at the same time from the server to the database.