Question

FME 2016 SmallWorld 4 Update Object

• 24 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I am attempting to update the building object in smallworld via an .xlsx doc and am returning the following error after the workbench processes 2630 rows...

Smallworld Translator Error: Object unset does not understand message pressure

There is no "pressure" attribute in either the .xlsx or the smallworld building object, so I am confused...

2 replies

Badge +2

@ethanheidtman There is usually a cryptic error message from magic that will give more clues on what might be causing the problem. You will probably be better off sharing that with a Smallworld expert or Smallworld support.

Badge +1

Smallworld is not just a database full of data. It's also an application with corresponding code in magik.

Your particular problem says that there's some part of code called 'pressure' that runs when inserting new objects. And it receives nothing (_unset). This can be caused by anything (triggers, joins, fields...). The solution can vary, and sometimes means finding the corresponding code and act on based on what it does. Either by changing the code (e.g. you can add if something is unset then don't run pressure) or manipulating the data so that code doesn't return error.

From the top of the head I'd ask you is there any attribute (joins and logical fields included) that might use pressure.

Anyhow, you should contact your Smallworld vendor if you don't have development tools to check this out.