Solved

It seems that i have an unstable connection to my postgres db, sometimes it will read from it and other times I get this error message:

• 5 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

"" Error connecting to PostgreSQL database(host=, port=, dbname=, user='postgres', password=): 'could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) ""

How do I get FMe server to connect to my PostgreSQL db stable every time ?
icon

Best answer by jonathanklarup 21 February 2019, 10:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Are you accessing that database through other applications and if so, are you seeing similar timeouts then? If yes, it's most likely not an FME issue but a more general network issue.

Badge

It was specific for FME-server.

I recently realized that it was due to a firewall "issue". I had only made an opening for the ip address for one engine. Which made my workbenches time out, every time I used more than one engine.

Thanks for the quick respons, and sorry for my slow return.
Badge

Are you accessing that database through other applications and if so, are you seeing similar timeouts then? If yes, it's most likely not an FME issue but a more general network issue.

I recently realized that it was due to a firewall "issue". I had only made an opening for the ip address for one engine. Which made my workbenches time out, every time I used more than one engine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I don't think that's actually in the troubleshooting guides and I feel it should be, @NatalieAtSafe, can you look into this please? It seems like a very easily overlooked thing, especially if you're adding on engines after the intial deployment.

Badge

I don't think that's actually in the troubleshooting guides and I feel it should be, @NatalieAtSafe, can you look into this please? It seems like a very easily overlooked thing, especially if you're adding on engines after the intial deployment.

Thanks, it sure took me a while to figure out.

Hello,

Do you have any details about this firewall issue or what did you do to solve it? I am having the same timeout problem when trying to connect to a Postgres database. The timeout is random and it seems to be triggered more often when there are multiple jobs in parallel (FMEServer on docker with 5 engines here)