Question

ArcFM ArcSDE Unable to convert row to Dimension feature

Badge

Hello,

I am having trouble reading a dimension feature class (ArcFM Feature - Polygon) using the ArcSDE Geodb,. FME 2018.1 Build 18567 Win 32 provides an error ... both in Desktop and Inspector

"Unable to convert row to 'DimensionFeature'

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Failed to specify the feature index as constraints on the reader"

The older reader (SDE30) reads fine, as does the other (ArcSDE Geodb) for all feature type except the 2 dimension classes.

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong or it this a bug?

Cheers

Matt

6 replies

Badge +2

@mattfossey Are you able to give us a small example of the data? Perhaps if you could export a couple of features and their corresponding dimensions to a File Geodatabase and attach it here. Can you also let us know what version of Enterprise Geodatabase you are using.

Badge

QUU_Network.gdb.zip@markatsafe I have attached a FGDB containing 2 dimension feature classes. By mucking around with the Preferred Python Interpreter I can get Workbench to read the feature classes, but I still can't visualise in the Inspector (even after applying and shutting down FME).

Badge +2

@mattfossey Thanks for creating and attaching the small example File Geodb dataset.

When I open the File Geodb in ArcCatalog I see a COM component error:

You had mentioned that you're using ArcFM, so I think the issue here is that ArcFM has added object class extensions to your dimension feature classes and FME can't resolve these. I would assume you have the ArcFME Object reader installed, otherwise you'd be seeing similar errors for other feature classes. You might have contact Schneider Electric and ask if there is an updated version of the object reader. Alternatively, in an exported File Geodb you could try dropping the ArcFM object classes.

Badge

@markatsafe Thanks for looking into this. I will check with Schneider Electic and see what can happen here and will endeavour to report back.

Badge +10

@markatsafe Thanks for looking into this. I will check with Schneider Electic and see what can happen here and will endeavour to report back.

Hi @mattfossey, we have another report of a similar issue. I'm curious to know if you've manage to find a resolution to this issue?

Badge

Hi @mattfossey, we have another report of a similar issue. I'm curious to know if you've manage to find a resolution to this issue?

not as yet @nampreetatsafe.

I have received a response from Schneider Electic