Question

Problems trying to texturize a Lod2 cityGml model

• 28 November 2012
  • 1 reply

Dear all,

I'd like to work on a automatically generated 3d model composed by lod1 and 2 building.

What i'd like to do is to apply some generic texture to this model starting from a datset of tiled textures of roofs and walls.

I did some experiments but the obtained results are not really good for two reasons:

- the texture is applied individually to each triangle of the model, thus obtaining a bad graphical result. - I'm not able to transform the lod1 buildings into lod 2 and merge the the result in a single datset in which each building has it's own wallsufrace, groundsurface and roofsurface.

To apply the textures I used an apparenceAdder transformer and tried to set the Geometry Filter to "Geometry Type" "is one of" "IFMEFace"  but nothing changed.

To extract the lod1 bouildings from datset and transform it in lod2 building I used the approach find on this forum ( or the older Google group ) but in the output the lod2 building are defined as GenericCityObject.

If it is of help I can upload the Workbench file and an image of the obtained result on a public dropbox folder.

Thanks in advice, regards Marco 

1 reply

Badge +21
I assume you have already had a look at : http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/City-of-Gavle-in-3D

?

For question one: the texture is applied individually to each triangle of the model, thus obtaining a bad graphical result. Try to change the Texture Mapping Type on the AppearanceAdder-Transformer.

Also try to use the FME2013 32bit, as it has some new and improved transformers related to 3D-objects.