Question

Clip section of nodes not writing any features

I have a set of nodes i wish to clip using a county boundary. I have used a reader for the nodes and a reader for a county boundaries. As the boundaries are split by county name I have used a 'where clause' parameter to clip only nodes that fit the clause.. [COUNTY_NAME] ='SOMERSET'.

I then feed the output into into the Clipper input on the Clipper tool in FME. The Clippee input is being fed with the output from the nodes.

I then feed the 'Inside@ output into a writer to create a shapefile.

From this I was hoping to get only nodes that fall in the County of Somerset.

When I run FME there are no features written, no output in the destination output directory.

I also get this error message in the log..

'No clipper supplied, all clipees will be treated as OUTSIDE'

So maybe there is an issue with the where clause syntax?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

3 replies

Badge +2

Is there at least one feature coming out of the COUNTY reader into the Clipper? (connect an Inspector to see)

Do the two datasets overlay one another e.g. the coordinate systems are the same? (what are the two datasets. Is one OS Data from Boundary Line and the other Open Street Map by chance)

What is the 'Clipper Type' parameter for the Clipper set as?
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The other thing to check is the Clipper Type parameter. If it is set to Clippers First, and the clippers are NOT first, then it will cause the problem you describe.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I suggest trying it without the where clause at first. If that works (albeit it would be every county) then you know that the where clause is the problem. If that fails then you know the problem is probably in the Clipper