Question

Insert Autocad Blocks

• 12 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a kml file and wanted to insert some autocad blocks into the kml points, based on its tag information.

I just grouped the points into the different labels but dont know how to insert the blocks into them points, i tried geometry replacer and feature merger but they didnt work, any idea??

2 replies

I'm not sure if i understand your problem, but i think so. I think you are trying to load data from a kml file, transform it, and load data creating and autocad file.

First, i would get a template file. In this empty template file you could have your autocad blocks definitions, so when you are going to load data into the cad file that you are creating, you should have to "play" with "Format Attributes" defined for cad writer. 

You can add the info about the template file during the creation of the writer, or you can add this information using the navigator tags.

If you analize these format attributes, you are going to find for example "autocad_block_name". In your workspace, for every point you can use an attibutecreator to create an attribute called autocad_block_name, and give as value the name that your block has in the template file. When your point will be exported to cad file, the program is going to understand that is needed to use the block, instead of the simple point.

I think this solution could solve your problem, i have done similar things, but it is not proved. All this if i have understood well, of course!!! Try it and tell me if i can do anything else.

Best regards

Yes, you understood it right, i'm trying to load data from a kml file and transforming it to an autocad file, but inserting autocad blocks, instead of the kml points.

i tried creating attribute for autocad block X,Y coordinanate and then used attributecopier for adding the value from kml point X,Y to autocad block X,Y.

I will try your idea, thanks for helping.

Regards.