Question

Mentions like @sigtill does not work

Badge +21

It seems you can notify a user by using @sigtill. I struggle to write the @ and always need to copy it - when doing ALT GR + number 2/@ I only get large letters instead of the usuall @. Also it does not seem to notify me or any other when I use the @sigtill. Is this a known issue?

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi @sigtill, try clicking a username in the list that appears when you type @ and first some characters of the user name.

Badge +21

I dont get that dropdown-menu, and I can not write @ as @nielsgerrits describes. Using latest chrome

Badge +21

Also on Firefox and internet explorer I have the same behaviour.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Chrome & IE work like a charm here. I use AdBlock & Ghostery in FF. When these are activated things are reacting different but it does work. But I do not get (instant) email when mentioned. Not sure if that is how it should work but how I expected it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Usually I'm using Chrome on Windows, and it works fine. Strange...

Badge +2

I agree @sigtill that sometimes it doesn't work. Perhaps it is because it needs to go online to fetch the suggestions from the server and display them.

Badge +2

I agree @sigtill that sometimes it doesn't work. Perhaps it is because it needs to go online to fetch the suggestions from the server and display them.

I am using Firefox 53.0.3

Badge +21

It fails on any device for me, also Android with Chrome and built-in browser. So it seems to be related with the user-account? I see that you can now correctly mention me, @gisinnovationsb

Badge +2

It fails on any device for me, also Android with Chrome and built-in browser. So it seems to be related with the user-account? I see that you can now correctly mention me, @gisinnovationsb

But you cannot mention me.

Badge +2

@sigtill Try putting any character before the '@' symbol?

e.g.

a space like above

or even better

Hei @sigtill

(sent from Chrome)

Edit: OK I can see in your reply to @gisinnovationsb it did not work

Badge +2

Perhaps @sigtill you have been added by the admin to an elite group of users that had the "browse for users" turned off accidentally. Or it is like that "sound in the car that would go off eventually" phenomenon.

Badge +1

@sigtill Do you by any chance use an AZERTY keyboard? I have had similar issues in the past and it seems to be resolved when I switch it to QWERTY.

sigtill,

I encounter the same issue. You can drag and drop a user name in the text editor.

Userlevel 4

I've recently discovered that the @-shortcut only works if you use an english keyboard setup.

Using Windows 10 and Chrome, if that matters.

Badge +21

I have found a workaround for this - If I change my keyboard from NORWEGIAN to ENGLISH then it works. However when I switch back again it fails. So I have to have ENGLISH keyboard activated to be able to use mentions!

Badge +21

sigtill,

I encounter the same issue. You can drag and drop a user name in the text editor.

sigtill - test